What are Nail Foils?
Nail foils are an easy and inexpensive way to get great designs on your nails. With a wide variety of designs to choose from, you could do your nails every day for a month and never get the same effect twice.
Nail art foils can also be used on acrylics or extensions.
The removal process is as easy as removing nail polish colors, just use nail polish remover.
Here is what you are going to need if you are going to do foil nails:
- Nail foil adhesive (nail glue)
- Transfer foils
- Nail polish (a darker shade works best)
- A cotton ball
To get started you are going to want to moisturize your hands with your favorite lotion. Then prepare your nails by cleaning, shaping and of course pushing back the cuticles to make your nails a perfect pallet for your artwork.
- Apply your base coat and let it dry completely.
- Apply your desired color nail polish. Keeping in mind that different colors will produce a different effect. Let it dry completely.
- You can cut your foil to fit the shape of your fingernail but a nice little square piece is easier to work with. Apply your nail foil adhesive. Let it dry completely. It will go from creamy to clear. Then apply your cut piece to your fingernail. This is where the cotton ball will be helpful in smoothing out the foil on your nail.
- Remove the foil from your nail and the pattern should stick to your fingernail. If there are any bare spots on your nail you are going to want to start that nail over.
- Once your nail is completely dry you can apply your top coat to protect your artwork.
Click here for a selection of kits or click the image below and there are many more foil choices for you.
In my opinion these foils are easier to use than the stampers. You might want to give them both a try and be sure to let me know what you think in the messages below. Be on the look out for the review on the stamper so you can compare. As always, here is to beautiful nails and Blessed Be.